Constellation Network (DAG) Monthly Update — June 2020
Lots of events and updates have come to light in the month of June, so let’s take a quick look at what has been going on in the Constellation ecosystem!
**Please note that this article is not an official update from the Constellation team and is created for informative purposes, and not to be perceived as professional advice in regard to investment or any other fields.
June 1 — Constellation CTO and Co-Founder Wyatt Meldman published a short video to explain how he designs the mathematical foundation of the data flow in a state channel.
June 9— Constellation CEO and Co-Founder Benjamin Jorgensen released a State of the Union (SOTU) 2020 to provide an updated roadmap for the next 3 years, market landscape, the role of DAG currency in the ecosystem, archiecture and deployment, and how the visions of Constellation network are going to evolve in the forseeable future for mass adoption.
June 9 — Stardust Collective, a R&D platform set up by the Constellation commuity, has been creating and publishing impressive educational materials for Constellation team and its community. Following the excitement created from SOTU, a new engaging video on “Constellation — Honest Data for Connected Future” was released concurrently to introduce Hypergraph, a new communication protocol and standard for secure data transportation.
June 11— Vito, the creator of Molly wallet for Constellation, has published an article to give us a high level understanding of how HyperGraph Transport Protocol (HGTP) connects to other software platforms such as Kafka and Splunk and the key differentiators of HGTP. Vito further tweeted that the main reason for companies to replace Kafka with HGTP would be to secure large volume of sensetive data being exchaged over the Internet.
HyperGraph Transport Protocol
I’ve received a lot of questions around the unannounced Splunk x Constellation partnership the community has dug up…
June 16 — The team announced a new initiative called “Knowledge Series” to encourange more participation from the community members to produce quality educational materials on chosen topics. The first topic is “Ethereum vs Constellation” and the Top 3 best submissions will win $250 worth of DAG reward! The submission was ended on 22 June 2020.
June 24 — Constellation COO and Co-Founder Mateo Gold published an interesting video titled “Smart Contracts will be Dead” featuring in-depth coffee talk between CTO Wyatt and the team on how revolutionary the Constellation network is and the role of DAG in the Hypergraph, data structures and incapability of smart contracts.
The Constellation Community Telegram channel is an excellent place to seek latest discussion about Constellation network and you can always find new and engaging content there.
Furthermore, a new community research announcement Telegram channel called “DAG Research Council (DRC)” was created by a group of enthusiastic community members in June 2020. DRC aims to collate and publish public information that they find relevant to Constellation network.
Here are some notable posts and discussion during this month:
- Stardust Collective released a video on the partnerhship between Constellation network and Quant’s Overledger. The video briefly explains the scope of this partnership, which could provide robust security for IoT and enable interoperability of data with security at scale. Take a look at the video here:
- A webminar link for Dcode Virtual Series on “Emerging Tech in SBIR” was shared by a Telegram community member, El Dude. The webminar discussed about the latest and greatest happenings with the SBIR program and meeting with 14 companies that have a Phase I and seeking a Phase II partner. Constellation network is part of the USAF SBIR Phase I program. You may register for this webminar on-demand: https://dcode.co/virtual/
- Constellation Roadmap, USAF Support Letter and Market Landscape slides presented by CEO Benjamin during the SOTU 2020 were extracted by our Telegram community members as key takeways for people who are too busy to watch the full SOTU video :)
- A anonymous poll was conducted by our Telegram community admin Viking_one to determine whether community members are willing to pay USD99–149 for a hardware wallet (similar to a Trezor or a Ledger Nano) to store DAG and other major crypto currencies like BTC and ETH. A total of 115 people has voted and the result is 63% of people voted NO while 37% voted YES.
- The Daily Chain posted an article — “Thinking like a visionary: Constellation’s future proof mindset” to discuss about how long-term mindset and delayed gratification can lead to better investment results, potentially in cryptocurrency project which has real-world potential to shape the future of big data — Constellation network. Read the full article here: https://thedailychain.com/thinking-like-a-visionary-constellations-future-proof-mindset/
- Following the Coffee Talk on “Smart Contract will be Dead”, a constructive discusson was initiated by Telegram community members to explore how Constellation network is different than blockchain and the analogy of blockchain as a staircase and DAG (directed acyclic graphs) as a tree. Read the full relevant articles here: https://constellationnetwork.io/how-constellation-is-different-than-blockchain/ and https://medium.com/hackernoon/dag-a-buzz-or-breakthrough-9b433d0b5424
- Vito announced the release of Molly Wallet v1.2.0. The key upgrade is to enable one-click installer / uninstaller that works well on major operating systems and no more Java installations are required.
- Constellation network was found to appear in Technology Alliance of a NASDAQ listed tech giant — Splunk. In this regard, DRC has published an article to explore the possibilities on how Constellation could collaborate with Splunk and USAF, particularly on building a common data platform as a first step to Joint All Domain Command & Control (JADC2), a revolutionary concept which aims to enhance warfighting capabilities. Read the full article here: https://medium.com/@Cryptopleb4_32442/splunk-x-constellation-network-5964bebc3c3e